Friday, March 27, 2009

Band of Brothers

I finally bought the DVD set of Band of Brothers. The impetus behind the purchase is my getting into the miniatures game Flames of War as stated previously in this blog. I really enjoy this series, it has great filming and excellent editing. I also like how each episode is from a different point of view. I think this was most evident in the episode named "Bastogne", in this episode we follow Easy companies medic during the Battle of the Bulge as he struggles to keep warm, find medical supplies and keeping his company alive. The imagery in the whole production is striking and the story of Easy company is told in such a way that you begin to feel as if you are part of the action yourself.

If you haven't had the pleasure of viewing this masterpiece, rent it, buy it, do what you must; but get your hands on this great film.

2 comments:

  1. This DVD set was a bone of contention with my then-fiance beth. I made the knuckle-headed decision to buy it the weekend after it came out, having read the book. I was cursed roundly for buying it with Christmas right around the corner.

    I stand by my decision.

    Check out "A Bridge Too Far" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say, is it put me in a painting mood.

    ReplyDelete