Friday, March 6, 2009

UFOs are Landing at the Triangle

WOW!!!!!

That is all I can say about the Flying Saucer in the new Triangle shopping center. What seems like another pretentious cookie cutter bar along the lines of Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock Cafe on the outside is a pure treasure on the inside. This place offers over 200 different beers from all over the world (most on tap) with nightly specials on various types of pints.

What about the food you ask? Well all I can say is that not only super-delicious but fairly reasonable, two people can easily get out of there for less than $30.00 dollars if they don't go nuts on the beer. And as I said it is super-delicious. I had the Bratwurst Plate. All I can say is YUM! This dish includes 2 different type of brats, warm german potato salad and sauerkraut. The brats were grilled to perfection, and the potato salad was out of this world. Along with the sauerkraut, the potato salad had bacon in it, this was a pleasant surprise and frankly a quite good addition in my opinion. My partners in crime, Clay and Cruft, both decided on the Brat con Queso. Talk about the melding of two cultures that work. Take your standard Chili con Queso and add sliced, grilled beer brats and mix it in, I can't think of enough different words to tell you how tasty this is. It is New Braunfels meets Brownsville all in one long bowl.

I can't say enough good things about this establishment. If you like a light atmosphere, good beer and great food, try it out.

Oh, did I mention the Beer Flights? for around 10 bucks you get about a half dozen 5 oz glasses of different beers you can taste test.

Amazing place.

1 comment:

  1. Go crazy on beer? Don't mind if I do. You're taking me to this place when we come to visit. Wonder how many of the 200 I can get through before I get divorced ...

    ReplyDelete