Tuesday, March 31, 2009

GREEN ! ! ! !

Going green is the new "thing" these days. It is all the rage, "everyone" is doing it, everyone except the "evil" conservatives that love digging coal, drilling oil, and killing polar bears.

Now let it be known I am a fairly conservative minded person, I believe in limited federal government and strong state rights. So being green is not on the top of my list. I have been hounded about "doing my share" and "saving our planet" by numerous tree huggers. This has been the tree hugger mantra for the last 20 years or so.

Well the tree huggers have been going about it all wrong. Most people are selfish and lazy by nature, so they won't go out of their way to recycle, or to use eco-friendly products. They have been pushing the whole "save the world", "save the polar bears", "save the owls" rhetoric.

What they should be doing is showing how when we recycle we can save money. For instance plastic bottles, if we don't recycle these things we have to make them out of petroleum. So the use of petroleum to make bottles drives the price of oil up, which in turn will cause the price of gas higher. And gas is to damned high now. (yes I know it is under $2.00 a gallon, but it is still to high.)

So, tree huggers stop trying to save the baby seals and start showing how we can save money.

7 comments:

  1. I am not filled with any Hope or anything like Obama said I should....

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I appreciate your opinion, it has nothing to do with what Chris has posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clay, at no time did I mention liberals. I mentioned tree-huggers and I have met many conservative tree-huggers. So park your hatred of the Democrats, it is getting in the way of my vitriol toward the tree-huggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I still hate hippies..I just lump them all in together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont fail..There is no error in my logic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess this is the wrong place to mention the baby seal blankets that can be bought in the bazaar in Bagram?

    ReplyDelete